Miss Kelly is the owner and Creative Director at The Art Garage. A former high school art teacher, she discovered her passion for teaching in an art camp format in 2008 when she held her first Art Garage camp. She loves that her camps and classes give children a chance to experiment with all sorts of art media in a very encouraging and positive environment. Her belief is that every person in the studio should feel successful and have fun!
Kelly holds a degree from the School of Visual Arts at Florida State University and studied education as a graduate student at the University of North Florida. When Kelly is not in the studio, she is spending time with her family or running with her friends. She is a happy wife of an Austin firefighter and proud mother of two daughters, 13 and 17. You are likely to see them all at The Art Garage helping out, too!
A FEW OF HER FAVORITE THINGS INCLUDE…
- Favorite Place in the World: The Hakone Open-Air Museum, Japan
- Favorite Food: Does coffee count?
- Favorite Color: Violet, sometimes aqua
- Favorite Art Material: alcohol inks!
- Favorite Project She’s Working on at the studio: planning 2019 Summer Camp!